Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Book Review: Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Still WatersStill Waters by Emma Carlson Berne
Published December 20, 2011
Simon Pulse
ISBN: 1442421142
English
3.17 of 5 stars  |  624 ratings
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The main character is annoying, there is very little tension and/or creepiness, and the book ends (at least the main plot) abruptly.

The writing wasn't terrible, however, I never really cared one way or the other about any of the characters. Well, none if them other than the MC, Hannah, whom I considered supremely selfish. Seriously, they could have been picked up by the Death Star & I wouldn't have cared...except to wonder why Vader found them so fascinating.

I kind of loathed Hannah, which is strange...usually I just find characters annoying. Perhaps it was her clear disrespect toward other people's homes and belongings. Or perhaps it was her lackadaisical attitude toward work. Or it could have been her selfishness in the light of her boyfriends obvious apprehension. Whatever it was I actually disliked her enough to hope she would be picked up the Death Star or Jabba the Hutt. sigh i cant believe i actually said that and meant it...

I don't recommend this. It was a good premise and the author has talent, but it could have been so much better.

28494-2521_tara

View all my reviews - Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...